Select Page

Home, Life, and Auto Insurance


No matter where you call home, Tom C. Pickard & Co. has the insurance solutions you need to keep it safe. There are substantial savings when you combine your auto and homeowner’s insurance through one of our listed insurance companies.

Tom C. Pickard & Co. represents a wide range of quality insurance companies which we will utilize in order to find the most competitive premium. We represent Mercury, Safeco, Travelers, The Hartford and Progressive to name a few of our A+ rated insurance carriers. We are located in Hermosa Beach off Pacific Coast Highway. Walk-ins are welcome!

Lines of Coverage:

  • Personal & Commercial Auto
  • Homeowner’s, Renter’s, Condo
  • Motorcycles & Off Road ATVs
  • Boats & Miscellaneous Vehicles
  • Umbrella
  • Life

Auto Insurance

Bodily Injury Liability Coverage (BI) – If an insured person is legally liable for an accident, BI coverage pays for injuries/death to people involved in the accident other than the insured driver. BI also pays for legal defense costs if you are sued. Certain exclusions may apply. Refer to your policy.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM) – If a driver or owner of a vehicle does not have insurance and is legally liable for an accident, you can use UM coverage for injuries, including death, that you, your resident relatives, and occupants of your insured vehicle sustain, up to the limits you select. Certain exclusions may apply. Refer to your policy.

Collision Coverage – When your insured vehicle overturns or collides with another object, Collision coverage pays for the damage to your vehicle.

Comprehensive Coverage – If your insured vehicle is damaged due to an event other than a collision, Comprehensive coverage will pay for the damage. This includes damages from fire, theft, windstorm, flood and vandalism.

Deductible – A deductible is the amount you agree to pay out of pocket for damage resulting from a specific loss or accident. Generally, choosing a higher deductible will lower your premium.

Rental Reimbursement Coverage – Rental Reimbursement provides rental car coverage if you have a claim that is covered under Comprehensive or Collision coverage. Daily rental amounts are subject to the limit purchased.


Home Insurance

Dwelling – Pays for damage or destruction to your house and any unattached structures and buildings, such as fences, detached garages, and storage sheds.

Personal Property – Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.

Liability – Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage.

Medical Payments – Covers medical bills for people hurt on your property. Medical Payments coverage also pays for some injuries that may happen away from your home, such as if your dog bites someone.

Loss of Use – Pays for additional living expenses if your home is too damaged to live in during repairs. Most standard home insurance coverage pays 10 to 20 percent of the amount of your dwelling coverage.

You also can purchase the following optional home insurance coverages:

Scheduled Personal Property Endorsement – Also called a personal article floater. With this coverage, possessions, including jewelry, furs, stamps, coins, guns, computers, antiques, etc., are covered. Each article is itemized and detailed in the floater, and excluded perils also are outlined. Personal article floaters often do not have deductibles.

 Insurance for General Commercial

  • Commercial Package Policies for all industries.
    Buildings, Contents, General Liability, Commercial Automobile
  • Workers’ Compensation
  • Employment Practices Liability Insurance
  • Errors and Omissions Coverage
  • Directors and Officers Liability Coverage


 Life, Health, & Disability Insurance

  • Whole Life
  • Low Cost Term Insurance
  • Universal Life
  • 401K’s, Keoughs, IRA’s
  • Pension or Profit Sharing Plan

 National Health Insurance Program

  • Individual or Group Medical Insurance
  • Disability Insurance
  • Long Term Care

If you are interested in any of the above services, please call Ken Jenks at (800) 726-3701 ext.120.